DZ Program – $2497 Plus Books
DZ Dump Truck Program – $3997 Plus Books
|Full and part-time training courses are available. The DZ course includes our Air Brake Course, U.S. Driving Regulations, Log Book, Border Crossing, and Defensive Driving Courses as well as one-on-one in-truck training. Both classroom and in-truck training is taught by experienced, qualified instructors. Courses are available on a continuous basis throughout the year.Persons with an Ontario Class DZ licence are licenced to drive vehicles such as straight truck, dump truck, cement truck, garbage truck and rescue & fire trucks – with airbrakes. A Class D licence is required to operate a vehicle over 11,000kg with a towed trailer not over 4600kg. Should your towed trailer exceed 4600kg, you will need to upgrade to a Class A licence or A Restricted Licence.You must have your Ontario Class G drivers licence before you can upgrade to any commercial licence. All persons are required to have an MTO medical completed and submit the form to the Drive Test Centre before the written beginners test can be done.
FOR TRUCK AND BUS COURSES ONLY
You must obtain these pre-requisites, before registering
- Minimum requirement-Ontario Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence (Class G1 & G2 are not eligible)
- You are required to have a physical – Have the doctor fill out the MTO’s medical form. These forms are available free of charge at our offices. The Canadian medical form is also available at your local DriveTest Centre.
- Purchase a copy of the Ministry of Transportation’s ‘Truck Driver Manual’ and read it over in preparation for the Ministry’s Written Test for your beginner’s licence. This manual can be purchased at our offices, the DriveTest Centre or your local bookstore. You do not need to purchase the MTO Air Brake Manual, as one is provided with our course.
- Take your completed medical form to your local DriveTest Centre when you go to write your beginner’s test. (DriveTest will keep this medical form so make sure you make copies of it before handing it in) You will be required to pay the MTO an $85.00 licencing fee prior to writing the test. Do not write the ‘Z’ endorsement (Air Brake) portion of the test at that time as we provide this course as part of your training.
- Obtain your current ‘3-Year Driver’s Abstract’ (driving record report). The fee is approximately $12. Driver’s Abstracts and CVORs are available at the Service Ontario Kiosk in your local mall, on-line from the MTO website, or at a Service Ontario Office. You can no longer obtain these documents at your Driver Examination Centre.
Bring your beginner’s licence, copy of MTO medical, driver’s abstract, driver’s licence and payment for the full tuition amount. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, certified cheque, bank draft, money order, Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Interac is available at most of our Branches. Persons being sponsored through a course must bring in their letter of sponsorship at the time of registration (unless your sponsor has previously faxed it to us)
At the time of registration we will provide you with home study materials and course manuals that are to be used by you throughout your training, and you will receive your training schedule.
For your Interview or Application, contact the location nearest you,
or call us toll free at: 1-800-263-4777