“Course cancellations must be received five business days prior to the start date of the course, or the total fee is forfeited.
If you arrive for class late, you will not be allowed to participate and you will not be re-booked.”
Persons with an Ontario Class CZ licence are licenced to drive vehicles such as city bus, charter bus, or motor coaches, as well as any vehicle that requires the driver to have a Class DZ or F licence. Full and part-time CZ training courses are available. The course includes our Air Brake,Working with a log book, as well as one-on-one in-vehicle training. Both classroom and in-vehicle training is taught by experienced, qualified instructors. Courses are available on a continuous basis throughout the year at our London location. Please contact the office nearest you for upcoming dates & course costs.
|APPLICANT’S BUS COURSE CHECKLIST
You must obtain these pre-requisites, before registering
- Minimum requirement-Ontario Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence (Class G1 & G2 are not eligible)
- You will need to have a special MTO Medical form copmpleted by a doctor. These forms are available free of charge at our offices, or your local Drive Test Centre, or service ontario.
- Purchase a copy of the Ministry of Transportation’s ‘Bus Driver Handbook’ and read it over in preparation for the Written Test for your beginner’s licence. This manual can be purchased at our offices, Licence & Vehicle Offices, the Drive Test Centre or your local bookstore. You do not need to purchase the Air Brake Manual, as one is provided at course registration.
- Take your completed MTO Medical Form to your local Drive Test Centre when you go to write your beginner’s test. (They will keep the medical form so make sure you make copies of it before handing it in)
- You will be required to pay the MTO an $101.50 licensing fee prior to writing the test.
- Do not write the ‘Z’ endorsement (Air Brake) portion of the test at that time as we provide this course as part of your training.
- If writing for a class B or E licence, the Ministry will run a criminal record search on you.
- Obtain your current ‘3-Year Driver’s Abstract’ (driving record report). The fee is approximately $12. Driver’s Abstracts and CVORs are available at the MTO Kiosk in your local mall, on-line from the MTO website, or at a Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office. You can no longer obtain these documents at your Driver Examination Centre.
A copy of MTO medical
Payment for the full tuition amount.
Acceptable forms of payment are cash, certified cheque, bank draft, money order, Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Interac is available at our London Office.
Persons being sponsored through a course must bring in their letter of sponsorship at the time of registration (unless your sponsor has previously faxed it to us) If the sponsoring agency will be sending the payment cheque to their client instead of directly to the school, that individual is required to provide us with a post-dated personal cheque for the full tuition amount at the time of registration. This cheque will be held by us until the individual receives the cheque from the sponsoring agency. Individuals are required to bring in the actual cheque from the sponsoring agency as payment of tuition, and the post-dated personal cheque will be returned to them at that time.
At the time of registration we will provide you with home study materials and course manuals that are to be used by you throughout your training, and you will receive your training schedule.