*Must be 18 years old and must have grade 10 English or pass the equivalency test at our school.PRE-REGISTRATION
AZ Program – $7995 Plus Books
AZ Plus Program (AZ + Dump Truck) – $9360 Plus Books
Driver Instruction Course
Full and part-time training courses are available. Courses include classroom training, one-on-one in truck training, yard training and observation, skid control and accident avoidance course and border crossing training. Some of the topics taken in class are: defensive driving, smart driver, load distribution, preventative maintenance, dangerous goods, log books and more. All training is taught by experienced, qualified instructors who have experienced the challenges you may encounter as a new driver.
Our courses are tailored to the individual’s needs. Our truck & trailer fleet includes late model tractors equipped with 10, 13 and/or 18 speed transmissions, and have dual controls for added safety. We work with various motor carriers to ensure that we are training our entry level drivers to meet and surpass the industry’s standards. These same carriers recruit drivers from our schools.
Day, Evening and Weekend Courses are available.
Please contact the location nearest you for the next available start date and course costs.
FOR AZ PROGRAM
You must obtain these pre-requisites, before registering
- Minimum requirement-Ontario Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence (Class G1 & G2 are not eligible)
- You are required to have a physical – Have the doctor fill out the MTO’s Ontario medical form. These forms are available free of charge at our offices. The medical form is also available at your local DriveTest Centre.
- Purchase a copy of the Ministry of Transportation’s ‘Truck Driver Manual’ and read it over in preparation for the Ministry’s Written Test for your beginner’s licence. This manual can be purchased at our offices, the DriveTest Centre or your local bookstore. You do not need to purchase the MTO Air Brake Manual, as one is provided with our course.
- Take your completed Ontario medical form to your local DriveTest Centre when you go to write your beginner’s test. (DriveTest will keep this medical form so make sure you make copies of it before handing it in) You will be required to pay the DriveTest Centre an $85.00 licencing fee prior to writing the test. Do not write the ‘Z’ endorsement (Air Brake) portion of the test at that time as we provide this course as part of your training.
- Obtain your current ‘3-Year Driver’s Abstract’ (driving record report). The fee is approximately $12. Driver’s Abstracts and CVORs are available at on-line from the MTO website, or at a Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office. You can no longer obtain these documents at your Driver Examination Centre.
- Obtain a criminal record search from your local Police or OPP.Fees from your local police is around $45. If you have a criminal record, please visit Pardons Canada website.This is an excellent site to help you determine if you need to apply for a pardon, or a US Travel Waiver and how to do it. Applicants who have indictable convictions appearing on their criminal record search may be hindered from finding future employment involving Border Crossing.